– From January to June 2020, Over 70 new-to-practice nurses graduated from the NewYork-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Nurse Residency Program
Leadership and development programmes:
– NYP/WC Nursing Fellowship Program: nurses from various practice areas receive professional development support and implement a professional practice project with the guidance of a mentor.
– Quality Improvement Academy is designed for physician faculty and nurses who are passionate and committed to becoming strategically vital through QI.
– Nurse Residency Program is designed to support new hires who are graduate nurses as they begin their transition from new graduate to professional registered nurses.
– The Nurse L.A.B. (Nurses Learning Across Borders) is an ongoing program that consists of an online delivery of education by NYP/WC nurses to nurses overseas.
30 nurses and midwives have been enrolled on this leadership development programme.
– 4 NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Nursing Fellows are working on practice innovation projects. Above are some photos of the nursing fellows’ meetings with mentors and our Chief Nursing Officer, Dr. Rosanne Raso.
(examples: Obstetrical Clinical Nursing Peer Review Council, Alarm Fatigue Management, Engaging Frontline Nurses in Improving a Culture of Safety, Nursing in Telehealth during COVID 19)