Nursing Now USA is a collaboration established by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Nursing, the American Nurses’ Association and the US Public Health Service Chief Nurse Officer. The national launch took place on April 9, 2019.
For more information on how you can get involved with the US campaign, please send an email to Cheryl B. Jones, PhD, RN, FAAN: firstname.lastname@example.org.
On 9th April, nurses from across the United States of America met at a high-level national event to launch Nursing Now USA. High-level health professionals and influencers celebrated the launch with a special event and panel discussion in Washington, D.C. Under the strategic direction of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Nursing, University of Washington School of Nursing, American Nurses Association (ANA) and the U.S. Public Health Service Chief Nurse Officer, Nursing Now USA will address key issues in the nursing profession such as workplace violence, pay equity, staffing shortages, and barriers to practice.
Read more about the event here.
Nursing Now Local Groups – USA:
Local Nursing Now groups are springing up across the USA, so check back here for updates if there isn’t yet one listed near you.
- Volunteers Everywhere “Grassroots to Global”, Contact Meredith Addison, Volunteer Staff Nurse: email@example.com
- National Association of Indian Nurses of America, Contact Letha Joseph, Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NANNNA, Contact Grace Ogiehor-Enoma, Executive Director: email@example.com
- University of Toledo/ProMedica Health Care System, Contact Linda Lewandowski, Dean: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Strategic Nurse – Contact Damali Marshall: email@example.com
- Southern Teal – Contact Renee Griner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Montclair State University School of Nursing – Contact Yanick Joseph: email@example.com
- InNOVAMED LLC – Contact Brayan Sanchez: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saint Louis University – Contact Karent Moore: email@example.com
- IU Health Physicians – Contact Melissa Hockaday, Vice President / Chief Nursing Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Educators of Central California (HECC) – Contact Barbara Mwamba: email@example.com
- Global Health Access (GHA) Institute – Contact Clishia Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing Innovation Hub (NIHUB) – Contact Aliya Aaron, Founder & Chief Innovation Strategist: email@example.com
- Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing – Contact Rose Hayes, Senior Manager of Executive Communications and Engagement: Rkhayes@emory.edu
- Stony Brook University School of Nursing – Contact Annette Wysocki, Dean: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ICAP at Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health – Contact Susan Michaels-Strasser, Sr. Implementation Director, Assoc Professor and Assoc Director of Nursing: email@example.com
- Nursing Now NYS – Contact Tim Higgins, Educator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paisley Butterfly 13 – Contact Latrece Johnson, Founding Advocate: email@example.com