Local Nursing Now groups are in the process of being established across Bangladesh.
Currently active groups include:
- SPKS Medical Institute – Contact Mousumi Akter Jannati, Nurse: email@example.com
- BSMMU – Contact Abdullah Al Mamun, Senior Staff Nurse: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rajshahi Medical College Hospital – Contact Nahid UzZaman, Senior Staff Nurse: email@example.com
- Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital – Contact Maynul Hasan, Senior Staff Nurse: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital – Contact Shathi Rani Shaha, Nursing Officer (ICU Incharge): email@example.com
- Bangladesh Adventist Nursing Institute – Contact Sandra Rumi Madhum, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurses have very low influence in policy-making in Bangladesh. For this reason, we decided to take some nurses to The Supreme Legislative Body of Bangladesh to give them an insight into the law making process and activities of National Parliament. The nurses were able to visit some parts of the parliament, observe parliament meetings and learn about how law makers (members of parliament, MPs) discuss different issues. The nurses who participated in this visit left feeling inspired and motivated.